Monday, October 30, 2023

I did not see this coming, Mr. Speaker!

Last week, Speaker of the Republican-led House of Representatives, Mike Johnson, provided the key for understanding his philoosphy of governance in an interview on Fox News:


“Someone asked me today in the media, ‘People are curious, what does Mike Johnson think about any issue?’ I said, ‘Well, go pick up a Bible off your shelf and read it. That’s my worldview.”

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1717718043525099743

This is super-handy to those among us who are somewhat familiar with the biblical texts!

I, for one, can’t wait to see Speaker Johnson sponsor and shepherd legislation through House committee to a floor vote to send the United States Senate a bill that embodies Exodus 22:25 (here rendered in the New American Standard Version with NASB footnotes):

“If you lend money to My people, to the poor [z] among you, you are not to [aa] act as a creditor to him; you shall not [ab] charge him interest.
[z] Lit *with*
[aa] Lit *be*
[ab] Lit *lay upon*

No comments: