Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Read It Yourself | Am. Taylor’s Statement 10.22.19


Here’s a searchable PDF of US Ambassador Bill Taylor’s opening statement to Congress on October 22, 2019. [1]

It’s extraordinary.

In the present inquiry, this is not testimony drawn out of a witness by a prosector; this is Ambassador Taylor’s voluntary opening statement, before a single question has been asked — what he affirms under oath to the three congressional committees charged with sifting testimony to see if there is evidence of wrongdoing.

Were I seated on a grand jury empaneled to consider this matter, I think I would find this testimony compelling.

As I write, the impeachment inquiry committees are hearing testimony from Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman….


[1] I downloaded the PDF image file of Ambassador Taylor’s 15-page statement to Congress from the Washington Post, then translated the document to a searchable PDF using the PDFity app.
I was careful, but I did not do a word-for-word comparison between the image file and the translated PDF, so it’s possible that errors may have been introduced during the translation. If you find anything I missed, I’ll be happy to make corrections.


No comments: