Saturday, December 04, 2004

i know, i know

i left my last post hanging (not for dramatic effect so much as the fact that it was late and i was really tired).

since then i've been more than a little nutty…

• going to Atlanta for the National Youth Workers Convention (where i gave away 6,500 copies of The Boy Who Believed in Magic and had many relational adventures)

• launching a web site (www.westofthe101.com) with the kind assistance and generosity of my friend Will Leingang (www.iamwill.com)

• coping with the news that my friend Ralph is dying more quickly than he thought

• coping with the impending death of Dorothy Hoover, dear mother to my wife Susan
(Dorothy slipped quietly away this afternoon, leaving behind a small but devoted fan club).

so that's my lame excuse to the two people who want to know what happened after i hit Reply All in the last post.

please stand by a tiny bit longer. i can't promise you won't be disappointed, only that i'll try to entertain you as much as i was entertained by the goings-on in my in-box.

but right now i have to grieve.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I pray for peace that truly passes understanding, J. I realize it's a part of all of our stories, at some point - but still seems to require a great grace. Maybe because we're left to grieve. Well, I pray for you and Susan in that process.

Much love.